Manages business processes across the traditional boundaries of the various functional areas. Ensures the his/her team coordinates and synergises the activities of different units relating to functional goals and policy deployment. It is concerned with building a better system for achieving such cross-functional goals as innovation, quality, cost, and service deliveryKEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide overall vision, leadership and continuance guidance to technology efforts to ensure continuous development and execution of strategy
- Work in partnership with the operations and all support functions across all Business units to deliver on the strategic imperatives
- Exercise cross-functional governance to achieve a consistent and transparent approach to technology infrastructure & processes, information and reporting
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits
- Assist in the preparation of the budget and strategic plan and monitor their execution
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment in Information and Communication Technology systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing and in-house development
- Monitor changes and advancements in technology to identify opportunities for enhanced efficiency, effectiveness and competitive advantage
- Ensure that the team develop and regularly test Information, systems and Technology business recovery plan
- Develop Information, systems and Technology policies and procedures and manage all risks as well as compliance
- Provide guidance and MIS relating to all aspects of services including risks identified as well as plans
- Manage a diverse Team as well as teams from different Business units to drive a common goal
- Work with customer experience team to identify gaps and define customer journeys that provide competitive advantage.
- Work with the product development team to ensure that business requirements are adequately articulated and captured for specific capabilities and identified areas.
Leadership and Management
- Build and manage a high performing team by providing leadership, direction and career development.
- Ensure open communication channels with staff and implement change management interventions where necessary.
- Set KPIs for all your direct reports and provide regular performance feedback through a well-defined and implemented performance review program.
- Develop and implement a training plan in order to build and develop skills within the team.
- Encourage knowledge transfer through the implementation of a knowledge transfer plan and drive continuous improvement philosophy through the knowledge transfer plan.
- Work with the technology delivery team to make sure the root-cause of the system issues are being resolved.
- Actively participate in leadership team and develop skills of own team.
- Promote a ‘Altron centric’ and ‘partnership approach’ to develop strong relationships with other working groups and ensure adherence to Group governance.
Governance and Risk Management
- Implement Service Level Agreements and Standard Operating Procedures for all Service delivery pillars as set out in the agreement
- Provide feedback to the relevant stakeholders within Altron and the Customer
- Establish and maintain the highest ethical standard in employment practices, Service Delivery practices including compliance with all statutory requirements.
External Parties and Relationship Management
- Ensure all relevant Operating Level Agreements are in place with internal and external service providers
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology preferred.
- Business Management Degree or Certificate (NQF 6+)
- ITIL Foundation
Years of Experience
- 8 – 10 years of progressive, professional experience in IT service delivery and management
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in IT management.
- Proven track record in managing Service Delivery
- Proven organisational skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- A good knowledge of HR management.
- At least five years’ experience in a strategic IT leadership role
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent administrator with strong attention to detail.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Ability to manage conflict
- Ability to manage a team across multiple business units