An exciting and new opportunity has become available for an experienced Store Manager. Our ideal candidate will be based at our Tekkie Town store in Elukwatini.
The main purpose of this position is to maximise the sales/turnover of the branch, control stock losses, control expenses, manage the administration of the branch and effectively manage the staff in the store.
Our ideal candidate must be self-motivated, positive, and passionate about performance, a resilient individual who can think laterally and who has strong analytical and proven accounting abilities. Qualifications • Grade 12 / Matric
- A Retail / Business / Marketing Management Diploma / Degree would be a definite
advantage. Knowledge, Skills and Experience • Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Assistant / Manager role with the field or similar.
- Fluent in English (Written and Verbal).
- Excellent Communication skills.
- A strong logical thinking and analytical ability.
- Has a high energy level and is performance-driven?
- Computer Literate and Numeracy skills.
- Willing to work retail hours.
- Own transport and valid driver’s license would be an advantage.
- Excellent planning, organizing and time management skills.
- Ability to remain flexible, function under pressure and maintain a positive attitude and work performance in a variety of circumstances.
- Ability to multi-task and to deal with complexities, use initiative to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently, as well as be a team player. Key Responsibilities • The ability to ensure that brand standards are implemented & maintained in line with customer expectations.
- Responsible for turnover & budgets ensuring that targets are met.
- Ensuring that stock losses are under the bench mark
- Admin standards are met.
- Keeping updated with the latest trends in terms of stock coming in (unpacking process).
- Opening and Closing of the store.
- Performance Managing of staff members.
- Our Store Managers play an active part in succession planning, coaching, and developing your own team.
Applicants will need to demonstrate their consistent record of determination and drive, to demonstrate their interpersonal and communication skills at all levels in the Company, and a value system that embraces Tekkie Town’s values, vision, and strategy.
You are welcome to contact the Samantha Wellen to discuss your application, or to request additional information.
This position is based in Elukwatini – Mpumalanga and will report to the Area Manager for Tekkie Town.
If you meet the necessary criteria and are eager to join this motivated team, please submit your CV and motivational letter by email.
Applicants will need to be prepared to undergo evaluations / assessments and interviews if and as required.
Please note: In terms of the Tekkie Town policy for appointments and promotions, preference will be given to internal applicants who meet the competencies and minimum requirements for the position. Preference will also be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team and contribute to employment equity within the Company provided that the competencies and minimum requirements for the position have been met.