It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
Kindly note that excess personnel will receive preference
ARTISAN FOREMAN GRADE A
SALARY : R249 540 per annum
CENTRE : Directorate: Engineering and Technical Support, (Bellville Mobile Workshop, Electrical Workshop)
- Minimum educational qualification: An appropriate Trade Test Certificate.
- Experience: Five years post qualification experience working predominately in a medical build environment.
- Experience in management of a workshop or a team of technically staff.
- Inherent requirements of the job: Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Willingness to travel long distances.
- Willingness to work away from home for extended periods.
- A Valid Wireman’s licence.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Conversant with the requirements of the Machinery and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Conversant with the requirements of the SANS 10142 and SANS 10400 where applicable.
- Basic computer literacy in Excel, Word, and Internet Explorer (Internet).
- Basic knowledge of procurement and supply chain function principles and regulations (PFMA).
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post
HOW TO APPLY
In order to take the first step towards your dream career in the Western Cape Government, you need to submit your application online via www.westerncape.gov.za/jobs Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department.
Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA directive on the implementation of competency based assessments).
The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS Competency Assessment tools.
Closing Date: 28 May 2017