Is being a fireman a dream of yours? There are a few things you need to know about becoming a fire fighter. Becoming a fire fighter is cool but a dangerous profession and career
A Fire fighters job is to protect lives and property from fire outbreaks. Fire fighters are also responsible for providing assistance in the event of disasters such as earthquakes, train derailments, vehicle accidents, floods etc.
Training to become a Fire fighter is hard and physical; to make sure you are capable of handling any life threatening situation.MISSIONTo protect lives, property and the environment by correctly executing maintenance programmes and responding to emergencies, fires, chemical incidents and disaster related to emergencies
You will be trained in the following aspects of fire fighting:
- Respond to all Emergency calls at the control centre
- Install, inspect and maintain all fire protection equipment
- Ensure that all equipment operates effectively at all times, especially during an emergency incident
- Execute emergency / disaster responses, prevention and mitigation activities within the specified response times
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 ( Preferably with Maths and Science)
- Be in possession of a Code B driver ’ s license and be competent and prepared to drive such a vehicle
OTHER INHERENT REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
You must be:
- Physically, Mentally and Medically fit
- Able to withstand heights, be heat tolerant, non-claustrophobic and have no phobias for darkness.
Competencies: NB: Applicants must take note that this is fixed-term Learnership for a period of 12 months only.
How To Apply
Port Elizabeth (Ref: 50010895)
Nelspruit (Ref: 50010893)E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgFax: 0117749419
Sentrarand (Ref: 5001081)E-mail: email@example.comFax: 0117749419
Durban (Ref: 50010889)E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgFax: 0117749419
East London (Ref: 50010887)E-mail: email@example.comFax: 0117730873
Beautford West (Ref: 50010885)E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgFax: 0117730873
Ladysmith (Ref: 50010883)E-mail: email@example.comFax: 0117749419
Sasolburg (Ref: 50010881)E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgFax: 0117749419
Cape Town (Ref: 50010879)E-mail: email@example.comFax: 0117730873
Empangeni (Ref: 50010897)E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.