Melkbosstrand Private School is looking for a student who is flexible, hardworking and passionate about becoming a teacher and would like to work with a team of supportive teachers while studying.
Trainee Teacher (High School)
Melkbosstrand Private School is a Christian school situated in the beautiful country side of Melkbosstrand, Cape Town. We are a Proudly-South African co-educational parallel-medium school. It offers its students a world-class, balanced education which focuses on Bible education, academic, physical, cultural, musical and the emotional development of each student in an attractive and inviting country environment.
We are looking for a student who is flexible, hardworking and passionate about becoming a teacher and would like to work with a team of supportive teachers while studying. Someone who would like to inspire, challenge and motivate learners. It would be a huge advantage if sports coaching can be delivered.
This is an ideal opportunity for a trainee teacher to join a thriving, purposeful and growing school in order to develop further their teaching skills while gaining experience.
The candidate for the position should:
- Have an interest and passion for wanting to work with children that will translate into a future career
- Have previous experience working with children
- Have a good command of English and Afrikaans and be able to read and write in both languages proficiently
- Be computer literate
- Must have a passion for sports coaching
- Be self-motivated, driven, responsible, focused and independent
- Understand that the requirements of the job are rigorous and there is a high expectation of performance
- Have a positive and flexible personality
- Be able to take initiative in various situations
- Be willing to take guidance and instruction from teachers and assist with all the necessary classroom requirements, including administrative tasks as well as the co-ordination of sport events
- Be able to keep an orderly and organised learning environment, both outdoors and indoors
- Have good social and observational skills and be a team player
- Exercise integrity and discretion
- Have his/her own vehicle/transport
How to A