Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality is looking for a Trainee Constable to join the Ekurhuleni Metro Police Department (EMPD). The successful candidate will receive a monthly stipend.
- Be in possession of a valid Senior Certificate (Grade 12)
- Valid code B driver’s license (manual transmission)
- Have no criminal convictions
- Be prepared and willing to allow his / her fingerprints to be taken for purposes of checking criminal records
- Be Proficient in English
- Be healthy, physically and mentally fit (provide medical certificate as proof that a person may do strenuous exercise)
- Be between the ages of 18 – 35 years
- Be a South African Citizen, residing in Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Council area (attach proof of residence)
- Physical fitness
- Driver evaluation
- Confirmation of qualification
- Medical assessment
- Complete an English proficiency pre-requisite test
Trainees will be subjected to the terms of the training contract; Trainees undergo training in the following aspects:
- National Road Traffic Act & Regulations
- Legal Subjects
- SAPS Act
- Domestic Violence Act
- Social Crime Prevention Act
- Firearm Training
- Must be willing to undergo abnormal training including after hours without compensation
How to apply
Applications or CVs and copies of qualifications, identity document and driver’s license (if applicable), to be submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
52 Woburn Avenue, Bensan Building, Benoni
Postal Address: Private Bag X014, Benoni, 1500
Enquiries: 011 999-6358/6356
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application(TC/EMPD).
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required documents are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.