The logistics team is looking for a Plant Assistant for the Polokwane area to join their team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- To dip tanks and record dips/ temperature accurately.
- Ullage and decant rail tank cars
- Assist with tank / valve preparation for product receipts.
- To load/ decant bulk trucks and assist BVO’s in loading/offloading of bulk trucks.
- To attend to COC customers, contractors and other visitors requiring service, and carry out administrative duties related to these services.
- Replenish the bulk additive stock by decanting bulk additive trucks/additive drums.
- To monitor and report any unsafe conditions and acts to immediate supervisor.
- Conduct minor maintenance with guidance from Supervisor / Manager.
- To ensure that the premises are kept clean and maintain housekeeping standards.
- Comply with Depot safety procedures and work instructions.
- Shift and weekend work to extend the offloading time at the depot as set out on the rooster by the depot supervisor as required
- Report all accidents/incidents as per policy, using near miss booklet and Intelex system and implement corrective actions where necessary.
- Conduct quality testing of product samples from road/rail receipts and any other samples requested by the Supervisor/Manager
- To perform any other duties as reasonably requested by the Shift Supervisor /Depot Supervisor/Fuel Controller or Manager.
- To effectively manage and minimise the risk associated with depot operations by ensuring:
- Compliance with all HSE Policies, rules, guidelines and legal requirements within area of responsibility;
- Promotion of safe working environment and positively contributing to the company HSE KPI’s and risk reduction strategies;
- Ensure that HSE competency requirements are enforced within area of responsibility
Context and environmentYou will contribute towards ensuring the operation of the depot are done within the framework of relevant legislation and regulations governing the Industry thus ensuring high customer service levels with the aim of contributing to the effective management and efficient operation of the terminal.
- Qualification: Matric or National Diploma/BTech in Engineering / Logistics
- 0 – 3 years experience gained in a petrochemical, production, and warehousing or industrial environment
Region, department, areaSouth Africa
Employment typeRegular position
Experience level required0 – 3 years
Affiliate (if known)TOTAL SOUTH AFRICA (PTY) LTD
BranchMarketing & Services
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.VISIT APPLICATION SITE