Thuthuka Bursary Fund Trust applications for 2018 for aspiring Chartered Accountants have now opened.
The Fund is aimed at creating a greater capacity at undergraduate level to overcome many of the historical impediments to SAICA’s goal of transforming the accounting profession by actively supporting accounting students throughout their tertiary academic journey.
The purpose designed Thuthuka Bursary Fund programme at the main residential universities covers tuition fees, life skills training, additional academic support programmes, mentorship programmes, textbooks, residential fees and a living allowance
Requirements for application of the Thuthuka bursary
- The learner must be African or Coloured
- The learner must be a South African Citizen
- The learner must obtain atleast 60% on Mathematics (5 or above on the NSC Scale of Achievement) NOT MATHS LITERACY
- The learner must be in Grd12 intending on studying B comm. Accounting
- The learner must be financially needy and will be assessed using the NSFAS MEANS TEST to confirm financial need
- The learner must not be out of Matric/school for more than 2 years.
- To be considered for the Thuthuka Bursary Fund, you are required to register and write the National Benchmark Test (NBT).
The learner must have or be in the process of applying to one of the following tertiary institutions:
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Cape Town (Bachelor of Commerce code CB011 )
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Pretoria
- University of the Free State
- University of Witwatersrand (WITS)
- North-West University (Potchefstroom Campus)
Once the learner has met all the above requirements only then will the bursary be provisionally awarded to the learner pending the final Grade 12 results and availability of funding.
How to apply
Applications close on 30 May 2017. Click here to download the Thuthuka Bursary Application Form, which must be forwarded to the address below upon completion.
Bursary Postal address is:
Thuthuka Bursary Fund
P.O. Box 59875
For enquiries call the Thuthuka Bursary Fund contact centre on 08610 72422