Division:Operations and Maintenance
Salary:R185 640 – R254 652 per annum (plus benefits)
- Grade 10
- EC1 vehicle license with PrDP with category for passengers and goods
- 3 years in municipal environment
- Inspect and report on the condition of electrical reticulation systems and support structures including streetlights, overhead lines, aerial bundle conductor in order to ensure maintenance and repair sequences can be planned through information gathered from observation and inspections
- Perform activities and sequences associated with the construction, installations, repairing and maintaining the functionality of medium / low voltage electrical underground and overhead networks in order to ensure installation and safety procedures and guidelines are complied with as well as adequate support is made available during repair and maintenance and repairs / work and tasks executed in accordance with laid down instructions
- Operate mechanical plant and equipment to facilitate the installation of services in order to ensure that operational processes are correctly and safely executed
- Comply with safety regulations as a requirement of the OHS Act and ensure that all work is done in compliance with the OHS Act and Council policy
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to submit their CV’s by email to email@example.com
Enquiries: Tel: (011) 999 7532 / 6356
Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.