Operating entity: Mining, Syferfontein
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Sasol Mining operates six coal mines that supply feedstock for our Southern African integrated value chain. The coal supplied to Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) is mainly used as gasification feedstock and some is used to generate electricity. The coal supplied to Sasolburg Operations (SO) is used to generate electricity and steam. We also export coal from the Twistdraai Export Plant to international power generation customers via the Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage, lead, organise and control production and to provide the leadership required to create a high performance team capable of reaching all of its set targets. Execute the statutory duties according to Regulation 2.15.1 in his / her area of responsibility.
CORE ELEMENTS OF JOB
1. Safe Production – Carry out on a day to day basis the planning, organising, control and leadership that ensure that departments’ KPI’s are met to produce safe coal by ensuring
– Stonework, water and back bye areas, diamond drill and trunk conveyors
– Availability of Equipment Downtime / shift / MTTF /MTTR (infrastructure and in-section equipment)
– Adherance to Overhaul / maintenance program – plan vs. actual
2. Implement operational projects, ensures operating compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in appointed area of responsibility
– Ensures adherence to Operating principles and legislation
– Compliance to governance bodies (standardisation committees)
– SOP / COP implementation and adherence
3. Ensure availability of spares, equipment and resources required to ensure optimal production, including governance of Electronic time keeping
– Total cost of ownership (TCO)
– Electronic time keeping system adherence
4. Provides first line solutions to employees reporting to him / her on any technical related problem
– Problems resolved
– Failure trend analysis and root cause elimination
5. Safe Production – Support departments to achieve set targets by coordinating planning within appointed area of responsibility
– Rand per ton (R/t), Tons per CM per shift (t/cm/shift)
– Volumes vs. monthly TQF (Including Quality)
6. Finance – Control costs to ensure production volumes are achieved within budget
– Delivery against budget and reporting calendar vs. target
7. SHE – Ensure best in class safety performance and continuous improvement of key safety metrics to maintain required RCR
– SHE compliance rates vs. targets (especially major findings), % outstanding actions on findings
– Zero harm, Zero fatalities, LWDCR
8. Provide on the job training, coaching and career development
– Training days for department
– Planned Task observations
– Coaching of employees
– Engagement of employees
In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
-Grade 12 with Maths and Science (Must)
-Ability to obtain a valid Red Ticket-Certificate in Blasting for Fiery Mines, (Must)
- Gas Testing, Competent A, First Aid Certificate
-Mine Overseer Certificate of Competence (Wish)
-Mining Engineering Diploma (Wish)
-Valid drivers license (Must)
-2 years total relevant experience as a Shiftboss will be to your benefit
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
MAJOR CHALLENGES / PROBLEM SOLVING
– Supporting the mine in delivering on safe production within the budgeted allowances for engineering maintenance , balancing production targets with maintenance practices
– Managing relationships between the mining and engineering departments
– Ensuring that the various sets of legal requirements and engineering principles are met with in the operational environment
– Influx of new technology that requires highly skilled workforce to manage the complexity
– The management of service providers operating in the area of responsibility, providing sufficient supervision
– The management of the procurement and supply side of the operational environment
– This position has a 2.15.1 legal appointment and is accountable for managing the operational solutions and governance within the area of appointment at a mine within a
highly regulated industry
– Remote locations, equipment and infrastructure are underground and may be located over a wide area, the availability must be managed to ensure production targets are met
– Complex interfaces with contractors and suppliers also exits
– Information from various sources needs to be analyzed, interpreted and integrated to make trade-off decisions in the best interest of the area of responsibility
Inspirational : Authentically and inclusively engages people to follow; leads culture transformation.
Builds Talent : Builds capability and leverages diversity for competitive advantage.
Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.