Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups, in line with Sasol Employment Equity plan. Geographical Location: Secunda/ Sasolburg
This is a 12 months NPE contract intended to provide graduate students with a structured programme and learning process in the workplace to facilitate sustainable talent development in support of the Sasol transformation agenda.
- National Diploma: Safety Management / Engineering diploma
- 1. Drives accountability and high performance -Enables and demonstrates high performance that achieves measurable business results through accountability.
- Understand performance objectives and expectations
- Be accountable and take responsibility for own performance
- Participate in/contribute positively to work/team environment
- 2. Nurtures and coaches – Empowers individuals and teams through coaching and mentorship to reach their full potential.
- Adhere to and is an advocate of our corporate values
- Give and accept constructive feedback
- Show initiative in carrying out day to day work
- Respect diversity
- 3. Develops self – Takes accountability for developing self-awareness as well as driving personal and career development.
- Attend all training courses and demonstrate commitment to apply training, to acquire new capabilities and to continually improve knowledge and skills proficiency
- Solicit performance feedback from colleagues, reviewers and action areas for development
- Develop ability to work effectively when under pressure and in situations requiring rapid change
- Enhance effective time management skills
- Solicit coaching when in need
- 4. Leverages diversity & inclusion – Embraces and leverages diversity and inclusion to drive business success and creates an environment where all people are treated with dignity and respect.
- Focus on behavior that leads to creating a sense of belonging
- Understand the disciplinary code for employees
- 5. Establish customer relationships.
- Establish good customer relationships
- Present a positive image of self and Sasol through enthusiasm, attitude, approach and dress code
- Understand customer expectations and the deliverables to be completed
- 6. Execute tasks efficiently (time, cost, quality).
- Attend all relevant meetings and understand the required deliverables
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks
- Demonstrate ability to support senior team members
- Demonstrate technical competence in assigned responsibilities with the necessary supervision and instruction
- 7. Fosters teamwork & collaboration.
- Participate and contributes towards the team’s objectives and successes
- Recognizes the value and relevance of operating in a multi-cultural team
- Understands team diversity as an important element of team success
- Demonstrates an openness to learning from others
- Demonstrates trust, respect and support to colleagues in achieving team goals
- 8. Shapes Business Strategy – Contributes towards shaping Sasol’s future by translating
- Sasol’s vision and Strategy into action.
- Comply with policies and procedures
- 9. Drive Safe behavior
- Share safety moments during meetings.
- Understand the Emergency Response Plan for place of work.
- Understand the relevant rules and regulations of your work environment.