LOCATION: Programme and Project Management: (Pretoria)
SALARY: R152 862 per annum
Applicants must display competency in the post-specific functions of the post.
Be a RSA Citizen
Be fluent in at least two official languages, of which one must be English.
Must have no previous convictions or cases pending.
Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification.
Additional post requirements
Be in possession of Senior Certificate (Grade 12);
Competency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint will be an advantage.
and 2 years relevant experience in the field of the post.
Render secretarial and administrative support functions. Answer and screen all incoming calls to the office of the Provincial Head. Type reports, letters, minutes, agendas, handle confidential documents, keeping record of the minutes and monitor flow of documents to the office of the Provincial Head. Liaise with other components, sections and external stakeholders on matters relating to the Provincial Head. Manage the diary as well as receive hosts visitors in the office of the Provincial Head. Remind the Provincial Head of meetings scheduled on a daily basis. The procurement and serving of refreshments to visitors during meetings. Arrange and book venues for the meetings in accordance with the number of people expected to attend. Make travel and accommodation arrangements including the submission of claims for the Provincial Head. Maintain good record keeping, filing and bring forward system. Operate standard equipment (fax, photocopy machine, telephone, computers, etc.) The rendering of a general reception service
Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
* The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
* A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
* Certified copies of an applicant’s ID, Senior Certificate and all educational qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post and motor vehicle driver’s license.
* The copies must be correctly certified on the copy itself, not at the back. The certification must not be older than three months.
* Qualifications and driver’s licences submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions. The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
* Appointments will be made in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994 as applicable to the post environment. Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
* If a candidate is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
* Reference checking will be conducted on all short listed applicants.
* Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
* All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
* Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
* The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof.
* The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment Office within the South African Police Service.
. Hand delivered applications may only be submitted at Opera Plaza, Annex Building,
Pretorius Street, Pretoria. Application must be deposited into the box available at the
Applications forwarded by post to be addressed to: The Section Head: Corporate Support, (Attention: Lt Col JL Shandu/ Capt SJ Matlopela/ WO TB Tshabalala, Corporate Support, South African Police Service, Private Bag X 94, Pretoria, 0001.
Enquiries can be directed to Lt Col JL Shandu/ Capt SJ Matlopela/ WO TB Tshabalala/ SPO KK Mashiloane at telephone: (012) 393 3058/ 4273/ 4501/3461.