HR Administrator ( P11 )
Sappi Stanger Mill requires a Human Resources Administrator to ensure an effective and efficient HR Administration service is provided to the Mill employees.
This role reports into the: Human Resources Manager
The main responsibilities of this job are :
- Obtain resourcing information and issue employment contracts using the standard Sappi templates.
- Compile documents required for new employee files and file in in line with checklists provided
HR Data and related support:
- Process new hires, transfers, terminations and other employee data in the HR systems (currently SAP HR).
- Capture changes in employee conditions of service including adding medical aid beneficiaries, name changes, interim salary adjustments and related.
- Perform administration of employee benefits by processing the paperwork and performing calculations where needed for funeral benefits, medical aid, travel allowances, long service awards, relocations, transport, parking, professional fees and related items.
- Complete data maintenance within the scheduled timelines and cut-offs dictated by the payroll team.
- Prepare exit packs for employees who are leaving (resignations, retirees). Obtain exit interviews for employees who resigned and file correctly.
- Prepare monthly operational reports as required by the HR Manager. Reports include absenteeism, overtime, headcount and budget reports.
- Administer the time management system by reviewing error reports etc
Enquiries and employee support:
- Provide information to employees on how to access HR services and processes and what the governance standards are. HR Administrators are expected to have a thorough understanding of all employee policies, procedures and standards.
- Collect documentation related to employee relations cases (disciplinary, grievance ad dispute resolution) and file correctly.
- Draw reports on the completion rates of performance appraisals on the SAP system and advise the HR Managers if areas are not completing on time.
- Prepare documentation and supporting information for employees going on retirement.
Administration support for the HR team :
- Provide support for selected logistical arrangements in the HR team such as meeting room bookings for large line manager gatherings, arranging equipment and refreshments and similar items.
- For selected formal meetings, compile agendas, attendance registers and minutes. Ensure that minutes are approved before distribution.
- Arrange catering, travel, bereavement notifications and gifts to employees.
- Support the communications team with arrangements for long service awards and annual recognition functions
Assist with SAP EC Payroll administration and distribution of payslips
The ideal candidate should have:
- National Diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years’ post qualification experience in HR administration
- 1 year completed HR internship would be preferred
- Computer literate
- Understanding of SAP HR would be advantageous
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.