Who are we?
SPF Distribution, is dedicated to supporting, growing and empowering clients with affordable, easy and suitable solutions, primarily through face-to-face intermediary channels, but also directly. We have approximately 2,000 tied advisers and 2,000 supporting independent brokers, all dedicated to meet the financial needs of our clients. Our vision: We aspire to be the best at building enduring relationships by connecting clients and intermediaries. We create sustainable value by attracting new clients, supporting ongoing client engagement and providing adaptive solutions designed to answer life’s financial questions. Ultimately we grow and protect wealth What will you do?
Provide administrative support to the Distribution:
Intermediaries Support Coordinator (Advisers) in terms of the following:
- Distribution Sales Exco meetings (DSE).
o Assisting with constructing of meeting agendas (requesting agenda points; collating of feedback, drawing up draft agenda).
o Engaging and arranging with role players regarding time-slots, content and pre-read for meetings.
o Distribution of final agenda and pre-read timeously to role-players.
o Distribution of minutes, task lists and feedback on tasks to role-players and other stakeholders.
- Regional Leadership Forum (RLF), meetings of the Sanlam Adviser Forum National Committee (SAF)
o Soliciting potential agenda points; collating feedback; providing feedback from role-players on non-agenda points; finalising agenda in conjunction with chairperson; engaging and arranging with role-players regarding time-slots, content and pre-read required.
o Distributing final agenda & pre-read well ahead of meeting.
o Attending meeting, taking detailed minutes, constructing a task/action list from the meeting.
o Distributing task-lists, draft & final minutes to all members and stakeholders as soon as possible after meetings.
o Driving tasks on tasks-lists with functionaries on behalf of RLF/SAF and Distribution; providing frequent up-dates on progress to stakeholders.
o Maintaining updated cumulative tasks-lists & providing regular feedback to stakeholders.
- Providing meeting support (as above for RLF/SAF) for other meetings/gatherings when/if required.
- Updating/maintaining business lists, registries and repositories.
- Managing, creating and/or improving important support and business processes.
- Solving issues; performing investigations; assisting with complaint resolutions; becoming involved in projects/initiatives.
- Creating documents, communications, spreadsheets, follow-up systems, etc. as required.
- Driving issues to satisfactory outcomes on behalf of Distribution Intermediaries Support.
What will make you successful in this role?
Qualification & experience
- Grade 12
- Solid administration (back-office) background and skills
- Sound understanding of and experience within Distribution: Intermediaries environment (preferably on the sales side)
- Experience within a financial distribution environment
- Sales and related administration processes
- Process management
- Record keeping and filing
- Meeting co-ordination, minute taking, effective client relationship management
Knowledge and skills
- MS: Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Basic computer skills
- Cultivates innovation
- Client centricity
- Results driven
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Plans and aligns
- Communicates effectively
- Action oriented
- Optimizes work processes Personal Attributes Plans and aligns – Contributing independently Interpersonal savvy – Contributing independently Communicates effectively – Contributing independently Optimises work processes – Contributing independently Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development. Core Competencies Being resilient – Contributing independently Collaborates – Contributing independently Cultivates innovation – Contributing independently Customer focus – Contributing independently Drives results – Contributing independently Turnaround time
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
The recruiter reserves the right to withdraw the advertisement prior to the closing date or to allow further applications to be submitted after the closing date indicated.
Our aim is to help you build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.