Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. To provide 4 people with an opportunity to enroll for a Packaging Processing Learnership (NQF L3). They will enter into a 12 month, fixed term contract with Ibhayi Brewery during which they will undergo both on-the-job and off-the-job learning, culminating in a national qualification.
Reference Code: SAB-ZA-24084
Key Purpose Statement
- A learnership is a national qualification that is registered by Food & Beverage SETA and is a work-based route of attaining a national qualification.
- It consists of institutional learning (theory) as well as structured work-experience (practical on the packaging production line).
- A total minimum number of 120 credits, which are based on fundamental, core and elective unit standards, need to be achieved.
- Matric, N qualification / Diploma
- PC literacy (Excel, Word)
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE IN THIS POSITION ARE:
- Physically fit (Physically demanding environment)
- Ability to self manage, with initiative and bias for action
- Enquiring and analytical thinking ability vGreat attention to detail with the ability to prioritise
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Be prepared to work shifts (3 x 8 configuration off peak and 4 x 8 during peak)
Output and Accountabilities
WORK ENVIRONMENT TASKS INCLUDE:
- Run Production Machines (80% of the duration of learnership)
- Perform Maintenance, Inspection & Cleaning on Production Machines and environment
- Monitor and Perform Quality analyses relating to the Production processes
- Problem Solving
- Maintaining a Healthy and Safe working environment
- Completion of theory and practical assignments and tests
Characteristics of a Learnership are:
1.A Learnership leads to a national qualification registered on the (NQF) Qualification Framework.
2.The qualification is based on SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) registered unit standards
3.The unit standards are written to reflect value adding skills required in the workplace and contain the outcomes and assessment criteria
4.Competence is demonstrated in the workplace utilising a variety of assessment methods and using the assessment criteria as the standard of performance