The MSD programme is a two-year voluntary service system. Recruits are required to sign up for a period of two years, during which they will receive military training and further functional training in a specific field, eg Combat Operators, Support services, Submarine operators etc in their first year of service. During the second year of service, depending on the duration of their functional orientation, they will be deployed where needed and given the opportunity to apply their
knowledge and develop their skills.
- South African citizen
- Currently in Grade 12 or completed
- will benefit your application
- Preferably single
- Not area bound
- Engineering and Technical applicants must have completed Grade 12 must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with at least level 4 for both subjects
- Graduate applicants aged between 18 and 26 must have a completed Grade 12 with a Degree / National Diploma or N6 with Trade Test Certificate in Mechanical, Marine, or Electrical Engineering
- Graduate applicants aged between 18 and 26 must have a completed Grade 12 with a Degree / National Diploma in Human Resources Management or Logistics
Admission Enquiries can be directed to: SA Navy Recruitment Centre at (012) 339 4421 / 4252 / 4084.
If interested in the MSDS in the SA Navy, kindly complete the application form with the requested documents & post to: Department of Defence, SA Navy Headquarters (Recruitment Centre) Private Bag X104, Pretoria, 0001
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORMS BELOW