The GEP invites interested and suitably qualified candidates to apply for their graduate trainee programme.
Position: Risk and Audit Interns (4 x Risk & Audit Interns)
The purpose of the graduate training programme is to develop, broaden and deepen the practical knowledge of risk management and internal audit.
The interns will receive hands-on coaching and will be exposed to variety of work to gain business, personal and technical skills that can be used throughout their career.
The interns will be put into a formal training programme with the Institute of Internal Auditors of South Africa (IIA) and other relevant Institutes, with a view of them achieving formal certification in the profession of risk management and internal auditing.
The internship programme is intended to run for a period of 36 months. The interns will be paid a stipend of R7000 per month.
• Due diligence on systems, controls and credit deals
• Performance audits and auditing of performance information
• Quality assessment reviews
• Enterprise risk management and governance reviews
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders (under guidance)
• A completed National Diploma or Degree in Risk Management or Internal Auditing or Accounting;
Competencies (Knowledge, Skill and Attitudes)
• Good interpersonal skills, Enthusiasm, drive, determination and output driven
• Professionalism and integrity, Dependable and willing to accept responsibility
• Proficiency in English and good communication skills, Ability to work independently, with limited supervision
• Deadline-driven, Attention to detail, Logical thinking, excellent written and oral communication skills
• The ability to maintain high ethical standards both personally and professionally.
• Shows honesty and fairness when dealing with others, Attention to detail, analytical and assertive personality.
• Self-starter who can deal with complexity and has high levels of energy
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward detailed, updated CV accompanied by a cover letter relating how your experience matches the position.
GEP advocates for equal opportunities.
Previously disadvantaged individuals and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that full background checks will be done on successful candidates. Suitable applicants must e-mail detailed, updated CVs to: email@example.com, with subject being the position applied for, by no later than 21 June 2017.
Note that candidates who have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date must consider their applications unsuccessful.