To implement, manage and coordinate activities regarding War-on-leaks(WoL)project requirements inclusive of training;i.e. Water Agents, Artisan/s& Plumbing to meet the
Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS)strategic objectives.
Manage the planning and implementation of WoL project training initiatives;
Maintain a strong implementing agent presence and interface all appointed service providers with regards to the implementation of WoL project requirements;
Ongoing monitoring and evaluation of training undertaken in line with training agreements and service providers;
Quality assurance of training and interventions for trainees;
Manage and provide assistance to provincial Implementers;Ensure project delivery against the Memorandum of Agreement;
Manage training service providers Service Level Agreement;Conduct skills audits and identification of activities for training plans;
Oversee logistical preparations for training implementation;
Provide oversight to assess effectiveness of WoL project training initiatives;
Track and report on learner progress on a monthly and quarterly basis;
Guide and support learners on “learner support” programs across WoL training initiatives;
Facilitate coaching and mentoring of learners and ensure “on-the-job” training;
Facilitate ”on-the-job” training with sites and prepare monthly project plans and reports;
Prepare overall provincial monthly, quarterly reports for submission;
Liaise with relevant stakeholders to source additional funding for training;
•Manage and control governance files and ensure adherence to the policies and procedures
- Any Relevant Degree or Diploma in Social Sciences,Human Resources Development/Management or Engineering.A
- qualified and experienced Artisan or Plumber, coupled with extensive Experience in a Training and Development environment.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of legislation including Adult Basic Education and Training Act, Skills Development Act, South African Qualification Authority Act, General Education and Further Education & Training Qualifications Act, Public Finance Management Act.
- The following will serve as strong recommendations: Accredited Skills Development Facilitator, Qualified and/ or Registered Assessor, Moderator Certificate and/ or Train-the-Trainer’s Certificate, Knowledge of SETA sespecially EWSETA, MERSETA, CETA, LGSETA and their functions.OD ETDP Qualification will be desirable.
- Good knowledge of Employee Enhancement Policies.
- The ability to analyse trends as well as strategic planning.
- Ability to manage and work with people at all levels within the organisation and local/ national government structures.
- A valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel. Preference will be given to candidates based in the identified region/ province.
- Knowledge of SDA, NQF,SETA, National Skills Authority,NAMB,SAQA, BCEA, LRA and EEA.
- Good knowledge of Employee Enhancement policies
- Analysing trends Strategic planning
- People management
- Local government environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written)to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
- Report writing
- Presentation and Facilitation skills
- Ability to plan and organize
- Sound negotiation skills
- Problem solving & Influencingskills
- Financial management skills
- Computer literacy
- Project Management
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Assertive and deadlinedriven
- Self motivated
- Team player
- Quality Conscious
- Ability to use initiative to influence the strategic direction of training and development outcomes
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to perform under pressure
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to achieving Rand Water’s Employment Equity Objectives Should you not receive correspondence from Rand Water within 30 days from the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful Rand Water reserves the right not to make appointments to any of the advertised positions at any stage
APPLICANTS MUST BE LOCALLY BASED,KINDLY QUOTE THE RELEVANT REFERENCE NUMBER FOR THE PROVINCE APPLICABLE TO YOUR SUBMISSION:
GP: 01 KZN: 02 EC: 03 WC: 04 FS: 05 MP: 06 NW: 07 LIMPOPO: 08 NC: 09
Applications to be submitted to the email address below:
Closing Date:20 July 2015