As a young entrepreneur you might lack business experience but being young has its advantages. The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) grant programme for example, is only available to youth between the ages of 18 and 35.
Selected candidates can receive up to R100, 000.00 for their small business ideas.
The NYDA issues grants to individuals, co-operatives, and community development projects increasing the opportunity for funding.
“The objective of the Grant Programme is to provide young entrepreneurs an opportunity to access both the financial and non-financial business development support to establish their survivalist businesses. “ – NYDA website.
Unlike other financial programmes this grant focuses on providing assistance to entrepreneurs who are not yet established but show signs of promise.
The NYDA aims to give 500 South African owned small businesses financial support will offering thousands more crucial non-financial support.
“Young people interested in accessing the grant programme will have to commit to participate in the NYDA mentorship and voucher programme for a minimum of 2 years. “
Do I qualify?
In order to qualify you must meet the following requirements:
- Require the grant for business start-up or growth;
- Are youth (18-35 years) with necessary skills, experience or;
- with the potential skill appropriate for the enterprise that they conduct or intend to conduct;
- Are South African citizens and are resident within the borders of South Africa;
- Are involved in the day-to-day operation and management of the business;
- Operate either informally or formally; generally recognised as micro enterprises (e.g. street traders, vendors, emerging enterprises);
- Have a profit motive and are commercially viable and sustainable;
For more information check out the qualifying criteria on the NYDA website Click Here
How do I access the NYDA Grant?
Contact the NYDA call centre on 0800 5252 52 Or Visit your nearest NYDA branch.