Medical Physicist Internship available for the completion of the medical physics training programme accredited by the Health Professions Council (HPCSA) that will lead to registration as Medical Physicist with HPCSA.
It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department. Kindly note that excess personnel will receive preference.
MEDICAL PHYSICIST INTERN
(2 year contract)
SALARY : R310 113 per annum
CENTRE : Tygerberg Hospital, Parow Valley
Minimum educational qualification:
- BSc Honours in Medical Physics complying with the requirements of the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) before registration as a Medical Physicist (Intern).
- Registration with a professional council:
- Registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Physicist Intern.
- Competencies (knowledge/skills): Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential manner and knowledge of meeting procedures.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. ‘’Candidates who are not in possession of the required qualifications will be appointed into the general stream, and they will be required to obtain the necessary qualifications within a predetermined period of time.
Candidates without the required post-basic qualifications can only be appointed if no suitable candidates with the required educational qualifications could not be found.
“Candidates who are not in possession of the stipulated registration requirements, may also apply.
Such candidates will only be considered for appointment on condition that proof of application for registration to register with the relevant council and proof of payment of the prescribed registration fees to the relevant council are submitted with their job application/on appointment.
This concession is only applicable on health professionals who apply for the first time for registration in a specific category with the relevant council (including individuals who must apply for change in registration status)”.
- (key result areas/outputs): Completion of the medical physics training programme accredited by the Health Professions Council (HPCSA) that will lead to registration as Medical Physicist with HPCSA.
The training programme will extend over a minimum period of two years. Participation in routine medical physics activities in Tygerberg Hospital.
ENQUIRIES : Ms M du Toit, Tel no: (021) 938-5943
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATIONS : The Chief Executive Officer, Tygerberg Hospital, Private Bag X3, Tygerberg, 7505.
FOR ATTENTION : Ms V Meyer