Stellenbosch Municipality has x51 post available for a Learner Law Enforcement Officer. To apply you will need a Matric certificate ( Grade 12 ) or equivalent.
This is a 12 month contract: 01/07/2017 – 30/06/2018.
- Matric certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent
- Must be able to work in a team as well as the ability to function independently
• Will be required to safeguard Council’s properties, exercise access control and the enforcement of Council’s by-laws
• Sound interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work shifts and irregular hours
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Good health
• Must wear prescribed uniform
• Preferably situated in Greater Stellenbosch
• Good communication and language skills in two of the three official languages of the Western Cape (Afrikaans, English, Xhosa)
• Appointments subject to police clearance
• Must complete the relevant training in law enforcement and obtain a peace officers qualification
- Protect municipal officials and council property
- Valid Code EB and or Code A driver’s license and/or learner license
• Registered Law Enforcement/ Peace Officers qualification Preference will be given to applicants with relevant law enforcement experience.
Salary: R 6 196.80 p/m based on a minimum of 20 shifts per month
In addition to the abovementioned salary, this position offers competitive benefits which include a 13th cheque, medical aid, pension, housing subsidy/allowance and removal costs under certain conditions.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications, clearly marked, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, a covering letter and the details of contactable referees, may be posted to the Human Resource Management Services at Stellenbosch Municipality, P.O. Box 17, Stellenbosch, 7599.
No e-mails or faxes will be accepted.
Please note: By applying for this position, the candidate consents to verification checks of qualifications and criminal records.
Candidates must be willing to be subjected to a rigorous evaluation process.
Certified proof of your qualifications and driver’s licence is a requirement for selection and must be attached to your CV.
Candidates who do not submit all the supporting documentation as requested, will not be considered for this position.
Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and no supporting documentation will be returned.
Closing date: 28 July 2017 @ 12:00