Legal Services Department
The purpose of this position is to take responsibility for the processes involved in reviewing, updating, researching, drafting, and providing interpretation and advice relating to legislative and regulatory issues within the South African Reserve Bank (the Bank) with a specific focus on insurance and financial market infrastructure (FMI) legislation and regulation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
· Contribute to, and take responsibility for, the development of appropriate legislative and regulatory frameworks that impact on the Bank.
· Take responsibility for monitoring and reviewing local and international legislation and policies that impact on the mandate of the Bank, and advise the Head of Legislation and Research, senior management in the Legal Services Department and other stakeholders in the Bank on any developments.
· Conduct research on issues relating to the legislative, regulatory and policy frameworks that impact on the Bank and the financial sector, and advise on their impact on the current framework.
· Draft legislation and regulations as well as opinion papers to address specific concerns of the Bank, and propose new positions to the Bank.
· Participate in internal and external forums, and present and/or defend informed positions that are in the interest of the Bank.
· Manage projects related to legislative, regulatory and policy issues in the Bank to ensure that mandated and informed positions are developed and presented to stakeholders.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
· a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree or an equivalent qualification;
· at least five to seven years’ relevant experience; and
· admission as an Attorney or an Advocate of the High Court (will be an added advantage).
Additional requirements are as follows:
· good verbal and written communication skills;
· good interpersonal skills;
· professional ethics;
· listening skills;
· presentation skills;
· relationship management;
· attention to detail;
· organisational awareness; and
· project management skills.
All interested parties are invited to apply.
Internal applicant: Please note that internal applicants MUST apply through the ERP system.
External applicant: Please note that external applicants MUST apply online, via www.resbank.co.za.
· All vacancies will be visible.
· Please follow the links Careers@SARB > Current vacancies.
· Login >
o Is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (ensure that you list all your qualifications and skills during the registration process); or
o Already registered on our Job Site? > Login here.
· Select Date posted > Last 3 weeks (in the dropdown menu).
· Select the appropriate job number to view the full advertisement.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualifications with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
The closing date for applications is 12 September2016. Late applications will not be considered.
In line with the Bank’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
The Bank offers remuneration and benefits commensurate with the level of the position and in line with the market. The level at which the successful applicant will be appointed will depend on his/her competence and experience.
Ms Sarah Molomo
Senior Manager: Recruitment and Selection
Human Resources Department