Department of Home Affairs in its continued commitment to deliver on its mandate regarding skills development, the Department announces this year’s launch of the exciting Internship Programme that is aimed at enhancing youth employability and improving service delivery.
The Department of Home Affairs is a successful, important and integral part of the Government, responsible for providing enabling documents to the citizens as well as visitors to South Africa.
In addition, the Department facilitates and coordinates all activities critical to the country’s cooperation with regional and international communities for economic growth and development purposes.
Whilst being exposed to the world of work and to the Public Sector in particular, the Internship Programme provides youth with the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on working experience and in-depth knowledge.
Applications are invited from unemployed graduates who seek work experience in the occupation categories/study fields mentioned below and are interested in a career within the Department of Home Affairs.
Duration: 12 months
Stipend: R15 000.00 per month
• A 3-year National Diploma/Degree in any of the fields of study listed below
• Good academic record
• Basic computer literacy
• Positive attitude
• Willingness to learn and grow
• Honesty and integrity
• Customer service orientation
• Learning potential
Good communication skills.
The Department is committed to Employment Equity and all appointments will be made in this context.
Coloured, Indian and White graduates and People with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 30\07\2015
• Applications will only be considered from South African citizens, aged between 18 and 35 years
• Candidates who have already participated in an Internship Programme in any Government department will NOT be considered
• Applications should be made on the signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or Government website, and accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualifications and Identification Document
• Should any applicant be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA
• Interns will be allocated mentor(s) and will be placed in all Department of Home Affairs offices nationwide
• Successful candidates will be offered a 12-month contract with structured on-the-job training
• Candidates may be required to undergo pre-employment psychometric assessments, criminal and qualification checks