The Department of Tourism offers Internship opportunities to South African graduates who wish to apply in the fields that are in line with the departmental core business listed below.
Remuneration: The interns will receive a stipend of R7 109.25 per month
Applications are invited from candidates in the following disciplines/fields of study:
Reference Number Required Study Fields
- NDT-INTERN(001) Tourism Management/Development
- NDT-INTERN(002) Economics
- NDT-INTERN(003) Information Technology (focus on Programming or Web Development)
- NDT INTERN(004) LLB
- NDT INTERN(005) Project Management
- NDT INTERN(006) Environmental Management
- NDT INTERN(007) Internal Audit/Risk Management
- NDT INTERN(008) Public Management/Administration
- NDT INTERN(009) Financial Management/Accounting
- NDT INTERN(0010) Enterprise Development
- NDT INTERN(0011) Human Resources Management/Development
- NDT INTERN(0012) Operational Management/Work Study
- NDT INTERN(0013) Facilities/Property Management
- NDT INTERN(0014) Communications and Events Management
- NDT INTERN(0015) International Trade Law
- NDT INTERN(0016) International Relations
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your certified and latest documents quoting the reference number as stated above Requirements:
- Unemployed South African Graduates/Postgraduates, with a tertiary qualification in one of the above-mentioned fields of study and who have not been previously employed under any internship programme are invited to apply.
- Applicants should not be above the age of 35 years.
- Applications must be submitted on a Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORMOR
Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM, obtainable from any Public Service Department, stating the field for which the Intern is applying (from the above list), and attach a CV, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts (record) and an Identity Document.
Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered.
Enquiries: Mr Gregory Moroke, tel. (012) 444-6166, Ms Patricia Khoza, tel. (012) 444-6190, Mr Lucky Shiviti, tel. (012) 444-6172 OR Ms Koketso Malemela, tel. (012) 444-6191
Applications must be delivered to the Director-General, Tourism House, 17 Trevena Street, Sunnyside 0002 or posted to Private Bag X424, Pretoria 0001. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered
The internship programme is offered for a period of 12 months.
The successful candidates will be required to sign an internship contract for the duration of one year.
Note: Short-listed candidates will be subjected to an interview to determine their suitability.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
If you have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Closing date: 29 July 2017