SALARY : R119 154 per annum
CENTRE : Tygerberg Hospital, Parow Valley
- Minimum educational qualification: General education and Training Certificate (GETC) Grade 9 (Std 7).
- Experience: Appropriate experience in food service environment.
- Appropriate supervisory experience.
- Inherent requirement of the job: Ability to do physical tasks.
- Willingness to work shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Ability to work in large scale freezers and cold rooms.
- Must be strong enough to lift heavy objects and be on their feet the entire day.
- Competencies (knowledge/skills): Literacy with sound numerical skills.
- Ability to work according to the rules or standards and to meet deadlines.
- Sound interpersonal communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Knowledge and ability to handle industrial equipment.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and policies or nutrition and different diets or large scale food preparation according to standard recipes.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post
HOW TO APPLY
In order to take the first step towards your dream career in the Western Cape Government, you need to submit your application online via www.westerncape.gov.za/jobs Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Department.
Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA directive on the implementation of competency based assessments).
The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS Competency Assessment tools.
Closing Date: 28 May 2017