Fire and Rescue Services together with Fire Training Academy is offering a Learnership opportunity to qualifying individuals to Train and Learn to become a qualified Fire Fighter.
Seasonal Fire Fighter
The posts are uniformed posts and due to the nature of the job the incumbents must be physically fit with no cardiac or respiratory abnormalities and will be required to undergo a fitness, drug test, criminal check and medical evaluation PRIOR to appointment.
- AET level 3 Certificate (Std 5/Grade 7).
- 18 years or older
- Must be willing to complete practical and theoretical firefighting training
- Be stationed at any Fire Station within the City of Cape Town
- Work 40 hours per week.
- Work shifts
- Work additional hours/overtime on short notice
- Work in a team and cope with stressful situations
- No criminal recordCompulsory
- Original ID Document.
- Recently certified copy of ID (not older than 3 months).
- Original proof of educational level.
- Recently certified copy (not older than 3 months) of educational level.
- PT clothes & running shoes.
- Participants to provide their own refreshments for the day.
- Be prepared for any weather conditions.
Candidates need to pass a Fire & Rescue Service standard physical assessment comprising of the following:
- Reach test (1.9 m)
- 2.4 km run (Males 12 minutes and Females 13 minutes)
- Push-ups (30 in 60 seconds)
- Sit-ups (30 in 60 seconds)
- Dead load carry (2 x 25 kg drums a distance of 100 m)
- Candidates must also pass a written assessment (Mathematics and comprehension) and an interview.