Salary : R173 703.00 per annum
Description: The Department of KZN Health invites interested individuals to
apply for an Internal Control Leanership Opportunity consisting of a
theoretical component and practical work experience.
The duration of the Learnership is 24 months and after completion of the
Leanership Programme, the Learner will have gained credits towards an Internal
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ABOVE POST:
- An appropriate Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Auditing (with Accounting as
a major subject).
- Unendorsed valid Code B driver’s license (Code 08).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, TRAINING AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Lateral and innovative/analytical thinking.
- Due professional care.
- High standards of honesty, objectivity, diligence and loyalty.
- Computer literacy.
- Interpersonal relations and communication skills.
- Financial management.
- Report writing.
- Good understanding of Generally Accepted/Recognised Accounting Practices and Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Plan own activities and assist with the Business Risk Analysis.
- Document Information, Transaction and Process Flow.
- Identify and document Risks and Controls of the department, Institutions and Processes.
- Perform Internal Control Assessments.
- Evaluate assessment results and design and implement effective controls to strengthen the overall control environment.
- Preparation of Internal Control Assessment Reports.
NB: Applicants must be:
- Prepared to relocate to Durban or Pietermaritzburg at own cost
- Prepared to undergo a selection process that will include a pre-assessment in terms of the Department’s standards
- Prepared to attend the required Training Modules which will be conducted over a period of 24 months
- Prepared to undergo continuous individual assessments for the duration of the learnership.
ENQUIRIES : MS T C MNQGITHI : 033- 395 4002
ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO:
Attention: Mrs B C Shelembe, CHIEF DIRECTOR: Human Resource Management
Services KZN Department of Health Private Bag X9051 Pietermaritzburg 3200 OR
Hand delivered to: 330 Langalibalele Street Natalia Building, REGISTRY, Minus
1:1 North Tower.
The following documents must be submitted:-
(a) Application for Employment Form (Form Z.83), which is obtainable at
any Government Department OR from the website – www.kznhealth.gov.za.
(b) Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of identity document, highest
educational qualifications and professional registration certificates – not
copies of certified copies.
2. The Reference Number must be indicated in the column provided on the form
3. Persons with disabilities should feel free to apply for the post. NB:
(a) Failure to comply with the above instructions will disqualify applicants.
Faxed and emailed applications will NOT be accepted.
(b) The appointments are subject to positive outcomes obtained from the State
Security Agency (SSA) to the following checks (security clearance (vetting),
criminal clearance, credit records, citizenship), verification of Educational
Qualifications by SAQA, verification of previous experience from Employers and
verification from the Company Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC).