Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital in Rondebosch is seeking to employ a Handyman. All you need is basic literacy and experience in painting, glazing and spray-painting.
Remuneration: R127 851 per annum
Service Benefits: 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housnig and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy
- Appropriate experience of painting, glazing and spray-painting.
Inherent requirements of a job:
- Ability to work on ladders and multi-storied buildings
- Ability to perform heavy physical labour.
- Ability to work independently with good organisational and team skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to plan ahead (pro-active), work independently, as well as in a team and comply with in-house systems and procedures.
- Strict adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ability to operate and use required tools and equipment skilfully and safely.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Carry out maintenance and repairs by painting, glazing and spray-painting.
- Complete and return repair requisitions and assist with the control and requisitioning of materials and parts.
- Clean areas where work has been carried out (restrooms, ablutions and changing areas) for engineering staff.
- Ensure that all tools and materials are available before commencing any tasks.
- Assist the artisan cadre in the execution of their respective duties.
- Assist with repairs (including after-hours).
Note: Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to a competency test. No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
Z83 Form – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s.
A separate application form must be completed for each post.
Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference.
Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered.
Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
The Chief Executive Officer: Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital
(For attention: Mr P Petersen)