As a part of its skills development initiatives Transport Education Training Authority (TETA) awards bursaries annually for studies aligned to critical and scarce skills identified in the transport sector. Bursary awards are categorised according to sector requirements, with due consideration of the National Skills Development Strategy III, compiled by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
TETA is offering bursaries and invite all talented and high performing unemployed full time learners registered / planning to be registered within TVET and HET Institutions, to submit applications for bursary funding for the below listed Programmes . This bursary funding is aimed at addressing the scarce and critical skills within the transport industry.
Bursary Study Fields or List of Qualifications / Occupations To Be Funded With The 2015 / 16 Bursaries
- BSC / National Diploma: Electrical Engineering
- BCom / National Diploma in Accounting & IT
- BCom / National Diploma in Business Management
- Commercial Pilot License
- BCom: Cost and Management Accounting
- Diploma in Financial Management (N4-N6)
- Electrical Engineering( N2- N6)
- Electronic Engineering
- Fitter & Turner(N2-N6)
- Logistics Management
- Mechanical Engineering (N2-N6)
- ND Operations Management
- ND Safety Management/Environmental
- Private Pilot Licence
- Road Transport Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Transport Management
- Weather Observation
- Weather Forecasting
- Aviation B Com
- Air Traffic Support
- Engineering Technicians
- Transport Economics
- Commercial Divers
- Millwrights – (N2 – N6)
- Mechanical Engineering :BSC or National Diploma
- Mechanical Engineering: (Maritime)
- Maritime Studies: National Diploma
The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation accredited by an academic institution, books and meals as per TETA Direct Learner Bursary Policy and Funding Model. The bursary award targets previously disadvantaged and impoverished youth from rural and urban communities within South Africa, females and people with disabilities.
How to apply
- Funding will only be applicable to applicants applying for studies related to the list provided and that should lead to a full academic qualification
- Applicants must be South African citizens and below the age of 35 years
- Applicants are to complete in full, Direct Learner Bursary Application Form available on the TETA website.
- Only successful candidates will be communicated to, if you do not hear from TETA by the end of January 2016 please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- Applicants to clearly state on the application form course of Study , duration of study and cost per year if applying for the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of study.
- Application to be accompanied by documents as per the checklist attached to the application form.
Duly fully completed Application forms may be submitted in the following ways:
Via Post: Private Bag X10016 Randburg 2125 Attention: TETA 2015/16 Bursary Award
Hand delivery: To TETA Offices listed below:
- Kwazulu Natal Office: 2 nd Floor, 67 KE Masinga Road, Durban 4001, 031 301 9614 (Att: Mike Mzolo) –
- Western Cape Office: WBHO House, Glen Roy Road, Pinelands 7430, 021 531 3064 (Att: Desmond Baardtman)