Req ID:72354We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Gibela Rail invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the temp Artisan Electrician position.
Carry out production tasks as per work instructions in the process and complying with Gibela industrial ,safety and quality process.
To carry process/production related activities and other kinds of works outside manufacturing facility allocated by line manager.
Reports to the relevant EPU Manager
- Assembles Carbody Shell coaches’, sub-assemblies, and accessories, as required for the assigned station
- Prepares work to be performed by studying work instructions, manufacturing document specifications, and BOM; gathering necessary tools and materials
- Uses various relevant measurement and gauging tools to accurately measure parts and verify tolerances before assembly.
- Resolves assembly problems to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources
- Carries out such work in accordance with strict Health & Safety procedures as laid down by legislation and the Company Health & Safety policies
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reporting for repairs to EPU Manager
- Coach and Mentor Operator, trainees, learners and other direct report in the station
- Reworks and/or repairs assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes and recommendations as per provided rework procedure
- Maintain expected progress of tasks per station as per Task sequence and communicate blocking points to the EPU Manager
- Verify conditions of the completed tasks in the process by completing self-inspection and other relevant tasks documents
- Utilize a variety of procedures, manuals, drawings and schematics to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair systems and components
- Work or assists in other departments to balance workloads and to meet schedule priorities. Assist in other non-production areas as may be required by supervision or management
- Use critical tools such as torque wrenches to adjust parts and equipment, or install parts and equipment, following established work instructions
- Ensure all quality control documentation (check lists& self-inspection.) are timeously completed and up to date as a verifies of the completed tasks in the station
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping and implement 5S (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain) on an allocated work station
- Minimum Red Seal Artisan Electrical Fitter or Millwright
- + N5 in the relevant trade
- In addition, at least 2 years Product knowledge experience
- Able to work with minimal supervision, and be able to follow instructions
- Relate well with people (both subordinate and more senior)
- Manage time well, by prioritising and sequencing tasks
- Willing to be trained in more than one discipline of the rolling stock process.
- Must be SMART device competent
- Display high levels of customer centricity
Be in position with a valid category A brown High Voltage certificateAn agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Segment: Facilities, Operations