Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the same way in which the application was made.
Payments will be made through bank accounts of the applicants and through cash send measures through banks. The grant will be paid from the date of approval up to the end of October 2020 provided the qualifying criteria listed continues to be met. So if applicants apply in June their payments will be from June and there will be no backpay.
Applications for the SRD grant may be lodged electronically over and above any other available means of lodging such applications.
The measures applicable include sending a WhatsApp message to 0600 123 456 and selecting “Sassa” or sending an e-mail to email@example.com
The qualifying criteria for the special for distressed individuals are as follows:
Applicants must be:
– Above the age of 18
– Not receiving any income
– Not receiving any social grant
– Not receiving any unemployment insurance benefit and does not qualify to receive unemployment insurance benefits
– Not receiving a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme
– Not resident in a government-funded or subsidised institution
Prospective Applicants will need to provide the following compulsory information for the processing of their applications:
– Identity number/department of home affairs permit
– Name, surname (and initials) as captured in the ID
– Gender and disability status
– Banking details: bank name and account number
– Contact details: cellphone number
– Proof of residential address.